Careers at Marquette
Thank you for your interest in a career at Marquette Savings Bank. “Mpowering™" employees to be their best has been the most important pillar of our success over our 110-year history. It is the foundation for everything we do at Marquette Savings Bank. We hope you will take a few minutes to learn why a career at Marquette is a great decision.
About Marquette Savings
Marquette Savings Bank is the only remaining locally headquartered bank in Erie county. Every dollar stays right here in the communities we serve to uniquely “Mpower™” individuals and families to prosper, businesses to succeed, communities to be better places, and. . . employees to be their best.
Interesting Facts About Working for Marquette
We are interested in people who share our passion for making a difference. Marquette is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we actively recruit, seek to hire, retain and promote a diverse workforce inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. There are important differences that set us apart.
- Long-Term Success. Marquette was established nearly 110 years ago.
- Among the Very Best. With nearly $1 billion in assets Marquette continually ranks among the very best financial institutions in the country.
- Making a Career. Marquette employees choose to make a career with us:
- 43% of our workforce has at least 10 years of service
- 20% of our workforce has worked here 20 years with us
- Our average annual turnover rate is just 6% (including retirements)
- “Mpower™ My Success” program provides a self-learn platform for employees to become proficient within their own area of career interest as well as the requirements of their position.
- The “MpoweredTM4” Program enables employees to use four hours of company-paid time for volunteer work with the non profit community organization of their choice.
Compensation is Among the Best
We hire the best and compensate them well.
- Salary. Marquette regularly reviews the compensation paid to employees to ensure we offer a very competitive wage comparable to any bank in our region.
- Incentives. Marquette has an incentive pay program that rewards employees who regularly refer new business to our bank and who help current customers get the most from their relationship with Marquette.
Health Insurance Benefits
- Family coverage. Family members can participate in the health insurance coverage.
- Small contribution. A small 7% of premium contribution for the medical insurance for both employees and family members.
- All other health and welfare benefits in our offerings are completely employer-paid.
- Health Reimbursement Account. We have a company-funded Health Reimbursement Account that covers most of the employee deductible costs, saving the employee from higher out-of-pocket expenses.
- 401K match. A generous 100% match on the first 6% of earnings contributed by the employee for their 401(k) contributions
- Profit sharing. An additional 8% of salary as a profit sharing contribution each year. If an employee contributes 6%, he or she is receiving a total of 14% from the company. If an employee cannot, due to personal circumstances contribute, he or she still receives the 8% profit sharing contribution.